Tuesday 17 December 2013

Animated Logo Design

For this assessment an animated logo is required, and is also something that will help develop branding and identity across all of my design and animation work. The logo will form the basis for branding design on the portfolio article too.

The logo is the first thing that will be seen on the article and the video, and is therefore something that will set the tone and precedent of my work. I intend to use flat design, with relatively minimal style.


As you can see from the finished product above, the design is minimal and simplistic, with no intention of being over-complicated. This is to ensure a clear image to represent my work and not be too complex.

For this piece I used Adobe After Effects CC which allowed me to utilise animation and layer control. The animation aspect was relatively basic, however it achieved the style that I desired. Two slightly transparent blue circles collide, which is achieved by key-framing the position details of the circles, then a white layer flashes over the screen, revealing the text on top of the circles. The flash is achieved by key-framing the opacity of a white shape over the whole composition, from 0% to 100% and then back to 0% in quick succession.

The font used for the title is Trajan Pro, an all caps serif font. I'll also use this font for the article design, to continue the branding over multiple pieces of work.

The next post will be the last post for this project, containing the final video and the design development for the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment