Saturday 21 February 2015

Project Update 21/2/2015

Been a little while since the last post, given the limit in available footage, so in that time I've been looking at the best ways to achieve the effects that I want to create for the project.

Given a range of the shots require masking and set extension, I've been looking at the best ways to alter the images that I'll be provided.

Using some very early footage from the shows production, I've practiced how to change the background of a fairly static shot.

Here you can see the original shot, and then the first test shots of the sky in the background being replaced. The actual masking follows the movement throughout the shot, but needs a little bit of tidying here and there.



This screenshot shows the mask path edit points, which will need to be increased to ensure the masking throughout the shot is neat and error free, but shows the initial work being undertaken to test effects for the show. 


My next step for this particular piece is to send it back to the group and see how they react. During this time I'll start working on some more shots that have come through in the last few days. Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment