Wednesday 19 February 2014

Concept Evolution

As with all projects, the desired outcome for this piece has changed. Originally, as mentioned in my previous post here, I wanted to create an animation of people going about their business in a dictated manner, following instructions and societal norms.

After researching some similar animations and relevant artworks I have chosen to evolve my idea slightly, opting to write and record a speech to then animate visual cues for. The best example of this is an animation of Ken Robinson's Ted Talk on 'How Schools Kill Creativity', in which a visual representation of the speech is drawn as the talk goes along.


Whilst the hand holding the pen and drawn art style are not the particular style I intend to design, the visual references to the audio is something I wish to replicate. With this in mind I will begin writing a script discussing societal shifts towards technological dependancy.

Once this is written, I will time the script and storyboard an appropriately long animation (aiming for 90 seconds to 2 minutes, but this might be optimistic - time will tell). It is also my intention to work with a peer from Audio Production for this project to help me record the audio, and perhaps develop a short soundtrack to underlay the dialogue, which may help to enhance the overall quality of the piece.

With all scripting, storyboarding and other pre-production completed it will then be time to begin the animation process. Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment